Wrapped Up In Books

My musings on what I've read since January 2006.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Long Tail - Chris Anderson

Based on a brilliant article in Wired magazine, The Long Tail describes the changes in business structures made possible by new technologies. This touches on a lot of my passions - technology, movies, books, libraries - so I found it an interesting read. However, it didn't tell me a lot that I couldn't already find in the original piece, so just read that unless you're really interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous David P said...

It's a classic business book. Have an idea that's good enough for an article, then pad it out hugely with some overblown claims as to how "everything's going to change" to turn it into a book. cf Taleb's The Black Swan, which also has the dubious virtue of being appallingly written.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home