Wrapped Up In Books

My musings on what I've read since January 2006.

Monday, February 27, 2012

That Movie Book – Marc Fennell


This is the kind of book in which critical analysis is represented by such paragraphs as "City of God is incredible. Seriously. It's just an amazing flick."

It is them kind of book in which, for comic effect, the phrase "Like you do" gets its own paragraph.

To paraphrase Truman Capote, the isn't writing, this is blogging. The feeling of a rushed first draft is exacerbated by the number of irritating typos, unacceptable in a book published by the ABC.

Sigh. Not only do I know more about movies than the author (except for some aspects of cult cinema), I can also write better than him. The only fun I had with this was getting righteously outraged at some of his pisspoor recommendations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home