Wrapped Up In Books

My musings on what I've read since January 2006.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Isaiah

I like the jolly-sounding daughters of Zion, who are “haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet” (3:16) but it turns out God disapproves. There’s also the splendid name “Mahershalalhashbaz” – if only I was having another child.

There’s a gruesome and immoral statement that children can be slaughtered “for the iniquity of their fathers” (14:21) which seems a little harsh, if unsurprising because it turns out that God unambiguously confesses to having created all of the evil in the world (45:7). I thought theologians still fretted over this one? Read the book guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home