Wrapped Up In Books

My musings on what I've read since January 2006.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Peed on Fellini - David Stratton

This is the splendidly titled memoirs of Australia’s leading film authority, who also happens to be the teacher on the film course I have been attending for the last few years.

Knowing Stratton fairly well it was fascinating for me to read about his childhood and early years, but the main fun of the book lies in his rich store of anecdotes and encounters with film luminaries. I mean, who else would get to hang out at Gene Kelly’s house for the day, or visit the Taj Mahal with Satyajit Ray, Akira Kurosawa and Michelangelo Antonioni?

(You might wish to check out the interview with him in the upcoming March edition of GQ Australia. Ahem.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home