Wrapped Up In Books

My musings on what I've read since January 2006.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Eye – Georges Bataille (aka Lord Auch)

(Spelling errors in order to avoid spaham filtrzz)

I have a real problem with erratic literature. I love literature and I’ve nothing against pawn, but combining the two never seems to work, and The Eye is a classic example of the problem. I think socks is essentially a silly act and the attempt to intellectualise it results in a very silly book, for example:

“…the Milky Way, that strange breach of astral zpurm and heavenly urine across the cranial vault formed by the ring of constellations..”

And so on. There is also a constant theme of the erratic possibilities of eggs, urine and violent death. Does this sound right to you? Maybe I’m the weird one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home